v2.2.24 structural object class modification not allowed

Got this when trying to add a user to our Calendar application that writes to LDAP:

Apr 28 14:37:19 ldap01 slapd[31502]: entry failed schema check: structural object class modification from 'uwmPerson' to 'ctCalUser' not allowed
Apr 28 14:37:19 ldap01 slapd[31502]: conn=155 op=5 RESULT tag=103 err=69 text=structural object class modification from 'uwmPerson to 'ctCalUser' not allowed

Now my question is, is this modification not allowed because I have not allowed the Calendar application write access to the structuralObjectClass attribute, or is it not allowed period?

Obviously new users have this set to uwmPerson when they are added to LDAP and when added to Calendar this needs to change to ctCalUser because the ctCalUser objectclass has SUP uwmPerson STRUCTURAL in it.