Re: v2.2.24 structural object class modification not allowed

--On Thursday, April 28, 2005 2:58 PM -0500 Curt Blank <curt@uwm.edu> wrote:

Got this when trying to add a user to our Calendar application that
writes to LDAP:

Apr 28 14:37:19 ldap01 slapd[31502]: entry failed schema check:
structural object class modification from 'uwmPerson' to 'ctCalUser' not
allowed
Apr 28 14:37:19 ldap01 slapd[31502]: conn=155 op=5 RESULT tag=103 err=69
text=structural object class modification from 'uwmPerson to 'ctCalUser'
not allowed

Now my question is, is this modification not allowed because I have not
allowed the Calendar application write access to the
structuralObjectClass attribute, or is it not allowed period?

Obviously new users have this set to uwmPerson when they are added to
LDAP and when added to Calendar this needs to change to ctCalUser because
the ctCalUser objectclass has SUP uwmPerson STRUCTURAL in it.

AFAIK, you cannot change the structural object class of an existing entry. You would need to delete their uwm based person, and then add them as a ctCalUser. Any particular reason you don't design your schema to just use one structuural objectclass? or two inherit from two?

We have things like:

SUP ( structural1 $ structural2 )

Then it can use both as structural object classes.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer