Re: Moving to 2.2.24 - Problem loading "dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu"

Curt Blank wrote:

I'm moving from 2.0.27 to 2.2.24 and pretty much have everything under control except being able to load one entry. I'm doing a slapcat from 2.0.27 and a slapadd into 2.2.24 and I can get everything to load now except this:

dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: subschema
cn: schema

I get a:

slapadd: dn="cn=schema,o=uwm.edu" (line=5): (65) no structural object class provided

So do I need this? (May sound like a stupid question but everything seems to be working without it.) And if so, what is wrong with it?

If you mean that the entry "cn=schema,cn=uwm.edu" is supposed to contain the schema of your DSA, I note that since OpenLDAP 2.0 the schema is contained in the internaly generated "cn=subschema" entry, as advertized in the rootDSE; if that entry is a place where you want to store schema information of your own, which doesn't affect the operativity of your DSA, then I note that objectClass "subschema" is defined as AUXILIARY and, as such, it cannot be the only objectClass of an entry, there needs be exactly one STRUCTURAL objectClass, which, in the subschema subentry is represented by the "subentry" objectClass.

FYI Our base is set up with o=uwm.edu and not "dc=uwm, dc=edu", that was done before my tenure and we aren't ale to change it at this point in time.

That's not an issue at all, you can use whatever naming context you like.

p.