bdb and cache size

Hello,

I'd like to ensure OpenLDAP has enough cache RAM. When I use the
dbcachesize directive with the bdb backend I see it's ignored. The
manual states it may be ignored I just wanted to ask the list if there
were any best practices or suggestions for ensuring Berkeley DB is
configured optimally for use with OpenLDAP.

F.E. I'm running slapindex on a fairly small ldap database and it's taken over 3 hrs so far and I'm wondering:

A) are there parameters that would help with indexing? I'm using

cachesize 10000
(my test db doesn't have > 10000 entries)

B) If there are parameters that would help, can I stop slapindex or will that corrupt the db?

Thanks.

--
Free replacement for Exchange and Outlook (Contacts and Calendar)
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/