Re: Moving to 2.2.24 - Problem loading "dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu"

--On Friday, April 08, 2005 1:22 PM -0500 Curt Blank <curt@uwm.edu> wrote:

I'm moving from 2.0.27 to 2.2.24 and pretty much have everything under
control except being able to load one entry. I'm doing a slapcat from
2.0.27 and a slapadd into 2.2.24 and I can get everything to load now
except this:

dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: subschema
cn: schema

I get a:

slapadd: dn="cn=schema,o=uwm.edu" (line=5): (65) no structural object
class provided

So do I need this? (May sound like a stupid question but everything seems
to be working without it.) And if so, what is wrong with it?

FYI Our base is set up with o=uwm.edu and not "dc=uwm, dc=edu", that was
done before my tenure and we aren't ale to change it at this point in
time.

Have you searched the list archives?

This question has been asked (and answered) a few thousand times. ;) In short, 2.1 and 2.2 correctly enforce entries having a structrual objectClass in them, and the error says that your cn=schema object is missing such a thing.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html