Re: Moving to 2.2.24 - Problem loading "dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu"

--On Friday, April 08, 2005 1:22 PM -0500 Curt Blank <curt@uwm.edu> wrote:

I'm moving from 2.0.27 to 2.2.24 and pretty much have everything under
control except being able to load one entry. I'm doing a slapcat from
2.0.27 and a slapadd into 2.2.24 and I can get everything to load now
except this:

dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: subschema
cn: schema

I get a:

slapadd: dn="cn=schema,o=uwm.edu" (line=5): (65) no structural object
class provided

So do I need this? (May sound like a stupid question but everything seems
to be working without it.) And if so, what is wrong with it?

FYI Our base is set up with o=uwm.edu and not "dc=uwm, dc=edu", that was
done before my tenure and we aren't ale to change it at this point in

Have you searched the list archives?

This question has been asked (and answered) a few thousand times. ;) In short, 2.1 and 2.2 correctly enforce entries having a structrual objectClass in them, and the error says that your cn=schema object is missing such a thing.

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html