Release Notes

This may be a stupid question but after searching I could not find the answer.

Where do I find Release notes that depict the changes in each new version?

After spending 6 hours from midnight to 6AM upgrading to 2.2.24 only to find authentication did not work and then having to revert back to 2.0.27 I found out 6 hours later at Noon that crypt went from "auto" to "no". And as you guessed, all our passwords are crypt....

I don't want to be bitten by something like this again...