Re: Moving to 2.2.24 - Problem loading "dn: cn=schema, o=uwm.edu"

Curt Blank wrote:

FYI Our base is set up with o=uwm.edu and not "dc=uwm, dc=edu", that was done before my tenure and we aren't ale to change it at this point in time.

That's not an issue at all, you can use whatever naming context you like.

I only mentioned this because just about every example I have ever seen always seems to use "dc=".

Of course, the "dc=uwm,dc=edu" would be preferred and more intuitive, so at some point, after you solve other issues, you should decide to move. But you can surely take your time. OpenLDAP 2.2 and significantly 2.3 provide means to ease this transition, i.e. you can keep your database as is and simultaneously publish the same data under a virtual naming context, e.g. keep data under "o=uwm.edu" and add a virtual naming context "dc=uwm,dc=edu". See slapd-ldap(5) man page and (2.3 only) slapd-relay(5) and slapo-rwm(5) man pages.

p.