Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

Quoting "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org>:

I will grant that I've been *asking* you for an answer to a question for far
longer than any rational person should waste time doing so, but stopping
that is entirely in your own hands - either actually answer the question
rather than deflecting, or just stop responding with tangential topics.

Herein lies the problem: your sense of entitlement - your sense of entitlement to receive an answer simply because you asked someone a question. And the reason that you want that answer is so you can use it for the next step in whatever scheme your small little mind is trying to concoct.

I've been going the rounds with my youngest daughter to ensure that she actually gets past this same thing as just one of the things she needs to do in order to leave her childhood selfishness behind, reach emotional maturity and become an adult.

You, personally, can not win an argument with Howard. He's far more intelligent than you, his grasp on technology light years ahead of your own and his ability to funnel an argument down to a conclusion puts yours to shame. Still, you continue to walk around the orchard where there is clearly no fruit available - wandering around looking for fruit to appear just because you want some.

Additionally, there's a matter at hand called evolution. One either adapts to a changing environment or one becomes extinct. That the Netscape code already had dynamic configuration more than 15 years ago as a result of having DISA as one of their main customers should demonstrate to you that it's actually a feature that was needed by organizations with a very large userbase. Those requirements are even moreso valid today than they were back in 1996 when the world was hoping to escape from the grasp of Nexor and the like - that monstrosity we, we who knew and operated things, knew as X.500.

Finally, if you don't like the way the project is going then do a git clone and stab yourself repeatedly in the eye with your own fork. Darwinism in action, and all that.

The summary here is that far greater minds than yours have already considered the problems at hand and taken appropriate action to solve them. A long time ago. And the fact that you mistake ruthless pragmatism for simple arrogance leaves you out of that club. Sorry. Case dismissed.

-mike