RE: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

Yup. Can't speak for anybody else, but I'm pretty sure I've never insisted
on or demanded anything from you.

> The desire has been expressed, hooray, move on now.

That's true; but in case you missed it, this discussion for some time now
has been less about whether or not someone wants something, and more about
whether or not it could be done. At least twice if not three times now I've
suggested a hypothetical implementation that should allow dynamic
reconfiguration from flat text configuration files without that much
complexity. And while you keep sending me links and telling me about
discussions that are 10 years old, I don't believe you have even once
addressed that specific question about implementing something today, not
about not implementing something 10 years ago. I'm not insisting that you do
it, I'm not demanding that you do it, I'm not even asking you to do it, I'm
just looking for a nonbiased technical response as to whether or not it
could be done.

> In an open source project, the only people with the right to insist on how
> code should work are the people who are willing and able to make it so.

Good thing I haven't been insisting then. I notice you didn't respond to my
where I allegedly insisted or demanded for something from you?

> You continue to insist, but you don't have the capability to implement.

As it turns out, no matter how many times you say something that isn't true,
it doesn't become true.

I will grant that I've been *asking* you for an answer to a question for far
longer than any rational person should waste time doing so, but stopping
that is entirely in your own hands - either actually answer the question
rather than deflecting, or just stop responding with tangential topics.