RE: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

Nice way to short-circuit a debate. "You don't understand the issues, you lose."

Actually, I do understand the issue; you are right, everyone who disagrees with you or expresses an alternative viewpoint is wrong. Perhaps reloading flat text configuration files wasn't the best design then, perhaps it isn't the best design now, but it's certainly *possible*, which is all that I'm saying. I'm not saying I'm going to do it, I'm not demanding that you do it, I am simply saying it can be done. Hell, you already have a function that converts a slapd.conf into ldif format. Given two slapd.conf files, convert them both into ldif, run an ldifdiff on them to generate the ldif modifying the first into the second, and feed that into the existing ldif-based dynamic reconfiguration code. It can be done. You choose not to do it.