Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

Paul B. Henson wrote:
From: Howard Chu
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:20 PM

A technical debate can only productively occur between parties that both
understand the issues at hand. You clearly don't, and had no business joining
the debate.

Nice way to short-circuit a debate. "You don't understand the issues, you lose."

It would save a lot of time.

Actually, I do understand the issue; you are right, everyone who disagrees
with you or expresses an alternative viewpoint is wrong. Perhaps reloading
flat text configuration files wasn't the best design then, perhaps it isn't
the best design now, but it's certainly *possible*, which is all that I'm
saying.

If it's not the best design, then it's not worth doing. You're still acting as if nobody ever considered what you're suggesting, which is just plain ignorant. You still have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic.

Just for you:

https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/photos/a.223098324386295.105971.205344452828349/908340742528713/?type=1

You haven't done enough homework to justify having an alternative viewpoint.

--
  -- Howard Chu