Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

On 02/06/2014 03:28 PM, Paul B. Henson wrote:
From: Michael Ströder
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:45 AM

As Howard confirmed on this mailing list static configuration will still
be
available in OpenLDAP 2.5.x.

Really? I didn't see that; my last understanding was that it was deprecated
in 2.4 and was going to be removed in 2.5. Sweet, that means I can push off
dealing with the conversion for much longer :).

Just FWIW, we also have the configs for our different OpenLDAP databases on various servers under git version control. This provides us with a critical, time-stamped audit trail and documentation for all changes along with a fast, reliable method for reverting to earlier configs should it become necessary.

We would very much hate to lose that audit-trail & documentation and control. ;-)

--
Andy Dorman
Ironic Design, Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.