RE: OPENLDAP SYNCREPL

--On Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:08 PM -0400 "Borresen, John - 0442 - MITLL" <john.borresen@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

Quanah;

A question about the "entryCSN" attributes, the three zeros (entryCSN:=
20120308173545.066786Z#000000#000#000000) between the #-marks correspond
to the Server ID, correct?  If they do, why are some "000" and others
"001" when I only have one server?

Some entries were created before it considered itself a provider. I wouldn't worry about 000 vs 001 at this time. ;)

Thank you for your assistance on getting me over the syncrepl wall.

I noticed in the 2.4 Admin Guide that configuring the monitor database for
cn=config has not been published yet; and, there isn't a lot online,
period, about it.  The manpages are not overly helpful either from
cn=config is concerned.

I am seeing this: "bdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure
monitor database to enable"

on both the Provider and Consumer.

Can you recommend something, relevant to cn=config monitor setup?

Add the monitor DB to your cn=config, and add any acl you want applied to it. That's all there is to it. For example, mine is:

dn: olcDatabase={1}monitor,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase: {1}monitor
olcAccess: {0}to dn.children="cn=monitor" by dn.children="cn=admins,cn=zimbra
" read
olcLastMod: TRUE
olcMaxDerefDepth: 15
olcReadOnly: FALSE