WINDOWS AD CLIENTS & LINUX LDAP CLIENTS UNABLE TO OPEN X-WINDOWS EMULATORS

All,

Sorry for the long subject line.

1) We are migrating away from NIS to LDAP for our Linux/Unix clients and servers.

2) All our Windows clients authenticate with the main Active Directory server.

Now the issue:

Many of our end-users utilize various X-Windows Emulators (Exceed, XWin32, Xming, etc) to open a connection to a Linux server.   When we used NIS, the End-users had no problem opening a X-Win session to a server.  Now under LDAP, the users get authenticated properly but the X-Win session gets blocked and never opens.  In the messages file, and secure file, you can see the users getting authenticated and granted access but the X-win session never opens on the client machine.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,

Dave Borresen

Solaris/Linux Systems Administrator