Re: Goofy RedHat Problem

--On Sunday, July 04, 2004 10:09 PM +0200 Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> wrote:

I got that (non-)advice from you when i looked for a way to
upgrade my 2.0.X system to 2.1.X and tried to fix my ldifs.

i felt just annoyed at that point, and it helped me not at all.

Are you sure you are remembering correctly?

I suggested this:

in response to your question about nss-ldap and slapd. nss-ldap questions aren't appropriate to the OpenLDAP list, and the issue you were reporting looked as though it could possibly be a bug in the OpenLDAP 2.0 software, which as I've pointed out repeatedly, isn't going to be fixed, since it isn't supported.

and I suggested this:

which was an attempt to give you the tools necessary for

1) Getting potential debugging output.

2) Giving you documentation for attribute syntaxes.

The first was certainly a recommendation on upgrading to 2.1 to get around a problem you were seeing with 2.0 (sound advice) and the second was working to give you the tools to solve the problem you were having with your LDIF's.

I think you have confused the two responses I sent you.

Also, please keep your commentary on the list.

it was meant as a personal request to better yourself. if you want that on the list, ok.

I think you need to read back through your email and see what advice was given to you in what situation before you provide commentary that doesn't apply to the situation.

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html