Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

On 09/18/2017 05:20 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
Radovan Semancik wrote:
I would ... if this was a wiki, or github-like pull request and if there was an example of how a good result should look like. But it does not make sense for me to spend few hours just figuring out how to contribute documentation fix.

So you're still saying, it's fine for other people to put in the hours to produce something you benefit from, but it's too much trouble for you to contribute in return. And in the meantime, it's perfectly OK for you to sit back and complain that things haven't been fixed. Got it.

I'm afraid that you haven't got the point. According to my experience people are willing to contribute. I'm willing to contribute. Just the barrier is too high. But the worst thing is that I feel that the barrier could be much lower if there was a bit of will to lower it. But the will is just not there. And I do not see why. It is not 1990s any more. There are ways how to make cooperation easier. Why not use them?

I'm willing to do the work. In fact, I did some work already. Much more than just few hours. I'm just not willing to overcome unreasonable barriers that take a lot of time, do not significantly increase quality of the product and make my future work miserable. I would rather invest that time to make the software better. And that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Anyway, sladpconf is here. As is my feedback as a potential contributor. Take it or leave it.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect