Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:06 PM -0700 rammohan ganapavarapu <rammohanganap@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to see what is the best and recommended way of
deploying/starting ldap, OLC or conf file based? i was in the impression
that conf file based is easy and more controllable approach than OLC?

slapd.conf is deprecated, and support for it will be removed in a future release. It is recommended taht new deployments use cn=config. I would say "easy and more controllable" are not measurable, nor are they relevant. I find cn=config to be trivially easy, for example, and allows me to execute much better control over my deployments. YMMV.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>