Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

Radovan Semancik wrote:
Hi,

On 09/18/2017 02:44 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
These perennial arguments keep coming up. If you want things to improve, contribute. Anyone can write a manpage. Hardly anyone ever does. Everyone sits back and moans while waiting for someone else to fix things for them. That's not what open source projects and communities are about.

I would ... if this was a wiki, or github-like pull request and if there was an example of how a good result should look like. But it does not make sense for me to spend few hours just figuring out how to contribute documentation fix.

So you're still saying, it's fine for other people to put in the hours to produce something you benefit from, but it's too much trouble for you to contribute in return. And in the meantime, it's perfectly OK for you to sit back and complain that things haven't been fixed. Got it.

If that's the way everybody feels then we can all just shut off the lights and go home now.

--
  -- Howard Chu