Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

Quoting Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>:

We've never changed the names of any config attributes. The onlyÂ
thing that has changed over time is adding new definitions.

So, it's not even a concern at all.

The schema is published in the cn=schema,cn=config entry. That's asÂ
much a public interface as there'll ever be in an LDAP directory.

Well, I did consider it as a "public interface". What I meant was that it didn't seem to be the officially sanctioned way to do things - it's not mentioned in any of the documentation that you can bootstrap your initial config in this way, although the attributes and such are documented in the admin guide. Now that we are clear on this, would you mind if I rewrote the Quick-Start Guide to remove slapd.conf references and provide a clear example how to bootstrap config with an LDIF? I'd be happy to do it.

-mike