Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

On 14/05/2014 00:58, Howard Chu wrote:
> Most people didn't "need" electricity when they still had oil lamps...

If I'm going in a cave almost everytime I still need an oil lamp.
Bringing there electricity can be far more costly.

Yes for a solution for arbitrarily large networks cn=config could be
more scalable and cheaper. But that's not true for a small server for a
small organization that doesn't need the extra complexity.

I don't want to understate the pros of cn=config, I just state my
opinion about the cons. If you tell me the maintaining slapd.conf is too
costly in terms of developers energies I've nothing to say. But I don't
agree that cn=config is always better.

Simone