Re: Long time queris on search string of 3 char

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 18:12 +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> > Sorry Guys,
> > but that options are documented in the man on the new version.
>
> Likely they're only documented in the version they are actually supported.

Sure this is a MUST...But If don't know of the existence of that option
how can I find them?!?

> > Pointed out that I'v not installed the new version How can I know what
> > is write on a man that  I'vnt.
>
> I don't think there's anything the Project can do for you besides
> suggestion to upgrade.
>
> > I think that some info should be write on the options overview of the
> > server.
>
> Can you clarify what does this mean?

Would be very useful  a page with all the  enhancement in general and in
detail.

> > Doing a search on the openldap site http://www.google.com/search?q=site%
> > 3Awww.OpenLDAP.org+index_substr_if_minlen&btnG=Search
> >
> > I get just some about mailing list but nothing bind to the new
> > slapd.conf or new funcionality of the version.
>

> I think you should complain and report that with Google, not here.

Yes sure this is a google problem! But this is the first recommended
method of wide search on the site! Why Don't you think to implement an
internal search engine!

But if I do a search on the manpages and I don't find nothing...perhaps
is not a google problem.
 http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?
query=index_substr_if_minlen&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-
Release&format=html

or
http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?
query=index_substr_if_minlen&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-
Release&apropos=1&format=html

I don't get nothing!

> > Yep. I think that something better could be do on the documentation.
>
> <http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html>
> <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1.html>
> <http://www.openldap.org/its/>
>
> p.