Re: Long time queris on search string of 3 char

--On Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:28 AM +0100 S-linuxale <linuxale@libero.it> wrote:

Hi All!
I'm new to this mailing list...
After a lot of time waste to try to understand why I'm here to ask
Why! :-)

So I'v an Openldap server slapd 2.2.13 popolated with about 800 hundred
entries on a P4 2.6 with 512Mb.

I'v noted that on search of substring >3 the result are fast, about
1-3', but when I try to search anything under 3 char the server respond
after 450-500' with different search.

This is by design. I suggest upgrading to OpenLDAP 2.3.18, the latest release. In OpenLDAP 2.3, you can tune the number of characters at which substring searches respond to with the:

parameters in slapd.conf(5)

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer
ITSS/Shared Services