Re: Many 'Can't contact LDAP server' errors

I think it's far more likely that red hat would attempt to sell
support for their own directory server that they were trying to push
at a conference recently.  :)

If you're getting errors in sendmail and not in ldapsearches, I would
say this sounds more like a sendmail problem than an ldap problem.

A way to prove your ldap server is okay can be done in a crontab, or
any other type of monitoring system.  It's possible that your sendmail
is timing out because those four servers do non-cached lookups, and
the others do cached lookups.  Or.. whatever.  Try increasing logging.

--
_Matt