Re: basic ldapsearch problem

fre, 2003-02-07 kl. 14:07 skrev Kuba Leszewski:

> I think there's something wrong with my english, beacuse it's not quite
> the thing I asked for :-)

It is, you know.

> My Sendmail also works. I mean it routes e-mail everywhere I want it to.
> That's not problem, and I don't have to switch to Exim for now I think :-)

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about routing mail in an smtp sense,
I'm talking about using Openldap as a source of data for addresses etc.
to use for the smtp routing of mail - and for many other smtp-related

Pierangelo answered the rest and told you the reasons. In short, you
can't do things the way you want, you have to do it as I said. Of course
you don't really have to switch to Exim, just adapt the principle to
Sendmail. However, I don't know one iota about Sendmail, let alone
combining it with LDAP.

> I hope everything is clear now.

Oh yes, thanks :-)

> I have one more question.
> What do You use for administration of LDAP directory ?
> Some web-tool, or maybe a stand-alone application ?

Several different things. The Openldap command tools, GQ, Ximian's
Evolution (honestly, even for address management), Horde's Turba (PHP4)
and stuff I write myself in PHP4. There's only one one, central DSA
(server, directory) and I use all those tools for management, though for
different purposes. Without Openldap, the machine on which I'm writing
this would be completely useless.

Tony Earnshaw

When all's said and done ...
there's nothing left to say or do.