Re: OpenLDAP as auth for other DBMS

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:18:56PM -0700, David Smith wrote:

> Is it possible to setup a DBMS to authenticate its users against OpenLDAP
> that anyone's aware of? I'd like to use our existing OpenLDAP setup to
> authenticate, for instance, PostgreSQL users. So, instead of having to
> maintain all the users/passwords in Postgres, we can just have Postgres
> point to our OpenLDAP server.

OpenLDAP can handle it, as this would be no different from using LDAP
to authenticate anything else. You will probably get more useful
answers on a list dedicated to Postgres, as the real question is
whether Postgres supports LDAP auth (or whether it can use PAM, in
which case you just need pam_ldap from PADL).

Andrew