Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

--On May 15, 2014 at 12:58:30 AM +0300 Mike Jackson <mj@netauth.com> wrote:
Please read my post more carefully and understand it before commenting.

Slapd has never been started at this point so there's nothing to stop. It
doesn't have any configuration at all. I don't muck with the LDIF, I
generate it. If you take a little time to study the cn=config entries,
you'll see that it's not exactly rocket science to write or generate your
own. The only real concern is that the attribute names or something
change over time and I have to adapt my template, in other words it's not
declared as a public interface but it really should be. You can even keep
it in git (my template is certainly in git).

That'll work up until the point cn=config is migrated to a binary backend such as back-mdb, and there are no flat text files to access at all.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc