Re: Filesystem & backend options for embedded openldap

Bruce Edge wrote:
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Dieter Kluenter<dieter@dkluenter.de>  wrote:
Am Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:02:02 -0800
schrieb Bruce Edge<bruce.edge@gmail.com>:

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Howard Chu<hyc@symas.com>  wrote:
Bruce Edge wrote:

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Peter Lambrechtsen
<plambrechtsen@gmail.com>    wrote:

Or perhaps TinyLdap? http://www.fefe.de/tinyldap/

Also FreeRadius (if your app's support Radius and LDAP) supports
a myriad of
backend databases.

Hmm, very interesting. I was not aware of this project.
My concern is that there's been very little activity on the
project in recent years.

Is there no simple, reliable, backend config for openldap?

I'm not concerned with speed, just reliability and data integrity.

I'd settle for a 10x performance penalty for data integrity.

You could give back-ldif a try. It certainly will not perform well,
but it's so simple that data corruption wouldn't be an issue.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Are there no hdb back end settings that accomplish something similar ?
Or is that back end always going to be vulnerable to ungraceful shut
downs?

slapd always runs db_recover on any bdb and hdb database, which will
repair any corrupted database if appropriate transaction logs are
available.

Could you direct me to the reference documentation on this feature?
I'd like to read up on the specifics.

Read the BerkeleyDB docs.

Are there any hdb configuration parameters which affect the
speed/integrity tradeoff which would make the recovery procedure more
reliable?

Yes, the checkpoint option documented in the slapd-bdb(5) manpage.

--
  -- Howard Chu