Re: Filesystem & backend options for embedded openldap

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:02:02 -0800
> schrieb Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@gmail.com>:

>> > You could give back-ldif a try. It certainly will not perform well,
>> > but it's so simple that data corruption wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>> I'll give it a try. Thanks.
>>
>> Are there no hdb back end settings that accomplish something similar ?
>> Or is that back end always going to be vulnerable to ungraceful shut
>> downs?
>
> slapd always runs db_recover on any bdb and hdb database, which will
> repair any corrupted database if appropriate transaction logs are
> available.

Could you direct me to the reference documentation on this feature?
I'd like to read up on the specifics.

Are there any hdb configuration parameters which affect the
speed/integrity tradeoff which would make the recovery procedure more
reliable?

Thanks

-Bruce