[Date Prev][Date Next]
Filesystem & backend options for embedded openldap
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Filesystem & backend options for embedded openldap
- From: Bruce Edge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:25:15 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ge6MTH47jcmgXKg4XhSPR2wQI8AKPgAzMQY+0szGGiI=; b=qxbQ2jgnTCvPyCrgCw/EI58tbFY5zzn+bDjaqDW7uXrCUX2xldjdos7rRNPOLjW5EA Xlgn3qldgxIbm9RpuPPzKlWXhgcr6UyLiBX/vtulIkT0Rdh2Nqdf56+3k+P425MrQY/H b+vY9fwet+Pg+6/Wg4mfzRPjoASdarx7t59Ss=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=wc7uZcW5mN/0P1HpMM8lRJ0eSuckr6gIVZNGjrS+OBtKxlpb4dVg9j6VCb1WXTd+hr FR/fSIXfKlOHMPY7JqCbVhlB4TkysH6ZaKknSq92fie98CF8K7iXIm4BOnmLKY+t07O1 YKxd3fh11+p/2YS5OWtli/g+6pqjBAC781IPU=
I'm working on an embedded system for which I would like to use
openldap as the means of config storage.
I've spent a lot of time RTFM'ing and still feel that there is a lot
that is escaping me as far as the optimal configuration.
If the primary goal is data safety and zero human intervention, what
would be the optimal combination of file system / backend storage /
and config options?
I would like to never have to manually recover a database and have it
gracefully recover from power failures. Speed is not an issue as it's
very low traffic. Integritiy is everything.
It's target storage is a USB flash device. Are there any special
considerations WRT flash storage and ldap?
Thanks in advance.