Re: Online config, delta syncrepl and overlay chain

Christian Roessner <christian@roessner-net.com> writes:

> Hi, once again,

[...]
> : config_add_internal:
> DN="olcDatabase={0}ldap,olcOverlay={0}chain,olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config"
> no structural objectClass add function
> config error processing
> olcDatabase={0}ldap,olcOverlay={0}chain,olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config:
> send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0
> send_ldap_result: err=65 matched="" text=""
> slapd destroy: freeing system resources.
> slapd stopped.
> connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Hm, error=65 is objectclass violation, what attributes did you put into
olcDatabase={0}ldap,olcOverlay={0}chain

> Here is, what I added to th consumer to get the chain overlay added:
>
> dn: olcOverlay={0}chain,olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config
> changetype: add
> objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
> objectClass: olcChainConfig
> olcOverlay: {0}chain
>
> dn: olcDatabase=ldap,olcOverlay={0}chain,olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config
> changetype: add
> objectClass: olcLDAPConfig
> objectClass: olcChainDatabase
> olcDBURI: ldap://10.1.0.3/
> olcDbIDAssertBind: bindmethod=simple
>   binddn="cn=admin,dc=roessner-net,dc=de"
>   credentials=**********
>   mode=self
>
> @Dieter: You have shown me your chain solution. You do have two
> ldap-directives under chain. Could this be the problem here?

If you don't have 2 ldap entries, it might be a problem, but I'm not sure.
olcDatabase{0}ldap contains general back-ldap database related attributes, like
startTLS, proxyWhoAmI and so forth.
olcDatabase{1}ldap contains back-ldap chain database related
attributes.
But, as said, I have not much experience in chaining configuration,
but mine does what it should do.
By the way openldap version are you running? I remember vaguely some
chain ITS have been fixed recently.

[...]

-Dieter

--