Re: Online config, delta syncrepl and overlay chain

Christian Roessner <christian@roessner-net.com> writes:

> Hi Dieter,
>> This depends :-)
>> But in most cases the overlays are an extension to a specific database
>> declaration
> Ok, I have added it to the htb-part:
> DN: olcOverlay={0}chain,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
> objectClass: olcChainConfig
> objectClass: olcConfig
> objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
> objectClass: top
> olcOverlay: {0}chain
>>> overlay chain
>>> chain-uri ldap://foo/
>>> chain-idassert-bind bindmethod=simple
>>>                     binddn="..." credentials="..."
>>>                     mode=self
>>>                     flags=non-prescriptive
>>> chain-rebind-as-user true
>>> chain-return-error true
> My problem is that I can not find the corresponding old-attributes. I
> only could set:
> olcChainCacheURI
> olcChainMaxReferralDepth
> olcChainReturnError
> olcChainingBehavior
> So, what have I done wrong?

There is nothing wrong. The chain overlay is derived from back-ldap,
that is, only attributes unknown to back-ldap, are specific to chain
ldapsearch [-Y external -H ldapi:///]-b "cn=subschema" -s base + | grep
-A4 'olcLDAPConfig'
will show the missing attributes. But as man slapo-chain(5) mentions,
an extension of chain- will distinguish from other configuration
parameters. If this applies to cn=config related attributes I don't
know, as I don't have a chained replication setup. Others may answer
to this.

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung