Re: Online config, delta syncrepl and overlay chain

Christian Roessner <christian@roessner-net.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I had bought a german book (OpenLDAP 2.4 - Das Praxisbuch) and could
> successfully setup a delta-sync replication. Now I read about the
> ability to add the overlay chain on the consumer side to automatically
> redircet write rquests for the consumer to the provider.
>
> I am using an online configuration and I am not able to find answers how
> to add this overlay.

Some information you may find here:
man slapo-chain(5)
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/overlays.html#Chaining

> I am using Ubuntu, which has built openldap with module-support. So I
> have already added the back_ldap.la module.
>
> Two questions I can not get answers:
>
> 1.) Do I need to add the overlay to the thb-backend or to the
> frontend?

This depends :-)
But in most cases the overlays are an extension to a specific database
declaration

> 2.) Could please somebody point me to the corresponting objectClasses
> that need to be added and the required attributes?
>
> The book lists the follwing:
>
> overlay chain
> chain-uri ldap://foo/
> chain-idassert-bind bindmethod=simple
>                     binddn="..." credentials="..."
>                     mode=self
>                     flags=non-prescriptive
> chain-rebind-as-user true
> chain-return-error true
>
> I can not find the olcXYZ options.

You are requesting information on the config database i presume. The
relevant objectclass is olcChainConfig.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung