LDAP Process "hangs"

Hello,

I have a question regarding the LDAP search mechanism. I have 2 Master Server and 1 Slave Server. All Servers
are in Sync. The second Master is a standby Master which is active if the first one goes down.
Now I want to test a failover szenario and shut down the first Master. The second one is active now and the Slave is
now in Sync with the second one.

After rebooting the first Master I started LDAP and no error occured. LDAP is up and running. I tested the Server with
some ldapsearches and everything works fine except the search with filters. If I do a search for example "uid=abc*" LDAP hangs
and does not respond. Searching for exact DNs are working fine. What happended here?

Hopefully anybody can help me. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Andi