Re: LDAP Process "hangs"

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Andi Gorhan wrote:

some ldapsearches and everything works fine except the search with filters. If I do a search for example "uid=abc*" LDAP hangs and does not respond. Searching for exact DNs are working fine. What happended here?

Sounds like your indexes are corrupted. Just for ease of procedure, I'd recommend a slapcat/slapadd (although I'm sure you could poke around, just run slapindex for the affected files, etc). If you have old slapcat output around, you might want to keep it handy just in case the loss was bigger than just indexes...