Re: slapcat from OL 2.3.34 -> slapadd to OL 2.4.7 fails

Michael Ströder wrote:
Joshua Miller wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On January 9, 2008 2:10:43 PM -0800 Josh Miller
<joshua@itsecureadmin.com> wrote:

I'm testing OpenLDAP 2.4.7 in a lab and trying to import my production
data using slapcat/slapadd. Whenever I try to import the data into the
newly created database, I get the following error:

The first object in the LDIF is:

dn: dc=example,dc=org dc: example objectClass: top objectClass: domain

Are you sure you loaded the schema containing declaration of object class 'domain'?

I think this is the key, I suppose I assumed that when I converted the slapd.conf to slapd.d that it would add the schemas to cn=schema,cn=config by default. Searching the DIT returns no results related to a domain objectclass:

# ldapsearch -x -H ldap://localhost/ -D "cn=config" -b 'cn=schema,cn=config' -W | grep domain
Enter LDAP Password:
r uniquely identifying a user in an administrative domain' EQUALITY integerMa
r uniquely identifying a group in an administrative domain' EQUALITY integerM
olcAttributeTypes: {49}( 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25 NAME ( 'dc' 'domainCompone
nt' ) DESC 'RFC1274/2247: domain component' EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match SUBST
SC 'RFC1274: domain associated with object' EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match SUBST

I was able to add some schemas to the directory, and now I get the same error that I get when using the slapd.conf file:

# ldapadd -x -H ldap://localhost/ -D "cn=config" -W -f schema/archive/cosine.ldif Enter LDAP Password: adding new entry "cn=cosine,cn=schema,cn=config"

# ldapadd -x -H ldap://localhost/ -D "cn=config" -W -f schema/archive/inetorgperson.ldif Enter LDAP Password: adding new entry "cn=inetorgperson,cn=schema,cn=config"

# ldapadd -x -H ldap://localhost/ -D "cn=config" -W -f schema/archive/nis.ldif Enter LDAP Password: adding new entry "cn=nis,cn=schema,cn=config"

# ldapadd -x -H ldap://localhost/ -D "cn=config" -W -f schema/archive/openldap.ldif Enter LDAP Password: adding new entry "cn=openldap,cn=schema,cn=config"

# slapadd -F slapd.d -l directory.ldif.backup
<= str2entry: str2ad(pwdHistory): attribute type undefined
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=79)

It fails on pwdHistory which is not defined in any schemas (although commented out in ppolicy)??

TIA,

--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP