Re: slapcat from OL 2.3.34 -> slapadd to OL 2.4.7 fails

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On January 9, 2008 2:10:43 PM -0800 Josh Miller <joshua@itsecureadmin.com> wrote:

I'm testing OpenLDAP 2.4.7 in a lab and trying to import my production
data using slapcat/slapadd.  Whenever I try to import the data into the
newly created database, I get the following error:
Do you get the same issue using a slapd.conf file for 2.4.7?

I have tried it with the configuration file, slapd.conf with a little more success, although still a failure.

# slapadd -l portseattle.ldif.backup bdb_db_open: warning - no DB_CONFIG file found in directory /var/lib/openldap-data: (2).
Expect poor performance for suffix "dc=example,dc=org".
<= str2entry: str2ad(pwdHistory): attribute type undefined
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=79)

(line 79 starts a posixAccount user object which contains two pwdHistory attributes/values)

Isn't the pwdHistory attribute an internal attribute? I see that it's included in the ppolicy schema file but commented out which reflects my production system running version 2.3.34 where this data was taken using slapcat. I do have the ppolicy schema loaded.

TIA,

--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP