Re: Replication failure after error fixed

--On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:31 AM +1000 Dave Horsfall <daveh@ci.com.au> wrote:

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> I tested and verified that this error has been fixed since the 2.3.32
> release. If you upgrade, you should not encounter this problem in the
> future.

Thanks, Quanah; I'll look at upgrading on the morrow.

I confirm that 2.3.35 indeed fixes the problem.

Is there any reason why 2.3.35 has not been flagged as STABLE?  I see I'm
not the only one bound by policy :-)

Of course, if there's bugs in 2.3.35 then I'd like to know about them...

See:

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/openldap-build.html>

My policy is, if I know a particular release fixes issues I'm having, and I've verified that it doesn't introduce any immediate new ones in dev/test/uat, then it goes to prod. To me, that is much more sane than a rather arbitrary tag.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html