Re: Replication failure after error fixed

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > Am I looking at a replication bug?  It seems to me that once the
> > schema was fixed, the replication should have happened.  Or am I not
> > understanding how SyncRepl works?
>
> This sounds strikingly similar to a bug I've encountered in the past
> with delta-syncrepl where the CSN was incorrectly updated after a failed
> MOD (due to differences because the replicas had an overlay on that the
> master didn't). I've had it on my to-do to really get the logs for this,
> but have been busy on other things.  I'll see if I can set some time
> aside to re-produce this and get the necessary information so it can be
> fixed.

Thanks, Quanah; it's nice to know that I'm not alone :-)

In the meantime, I still have the "slapcat" backups around that time if
they're of use to anyone.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU