Re: Replication failure after error fixed

--On Friday, April 20, 2007 12:55 PM +1000 Dave Horsfall <daveh@ci.com.au> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> Am I looking at a replication bug?  It seems to me that once the
> schema was fixed, the replication should have happened.  Or am I not
> understanding how SyncRepl works?

This sounds strikingly similar to a bug I've encountered in the past
with delta-syncrepl where the CSN was incorrectly updated after a failed
MOD (due to differences because the replicas had an overlay on that the
master didn't). I've had it on my to-do to really get the logs for this,
but have been busy on other things.  I'll see if I can set some time
aside to re-produce this and get the necessary information so it can be
fixed.

Thanks, Quanah; it's nice to know that I'm not alone :-)

In the meantime, I still have the "slapcat" backups around that time if
they're of use to anyone.

Hi Dave,

I tested and verified that this error has been fixed since the 2.3.32 release. If you upgrade, you should not encounter this problem in the future.

Regards,
Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount