Re: Re[4]: openldap-server-2.2.29: multimaster support

> On Lun 21 novembre 2005 10:43, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, so syncrepl does not seem to be a good idea in the case of two
>>> masters
>>> in different places.  What about the case of two load-balanced masters?
>>
>> could you clarify the definition of "two load-balanced masters"?  I
>> don't
>> think anything like that exists.
>
> I mean two LDAP servers which accept writing.  In front of them you have a
> load balancing mechanism (LVS or Alteon for example) which dispatches all
> LDAP operations (reading and writing) on the two LDAP servers. All the
> access of this cluster are done via the load balancer.

That's multimaster; I don't think syncrepl has any provision to deal with
this configuration, as OpenLDAP is designed to work with a single master.
Whatever perception a client has of that system, there are two masters.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it