Re: Re[4]: openldap-server-2.2.29: multimaster support

On Lun 21 novembre 2005 10:43, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

>> Ok, so syncrepl does not seem to be a good idea in the case of two
>> masters
>> in different places.  What about the case of two load-balanced masters?
>
> could you clarify the definition of "two load-balanced masters"?  I don't
> think anything like that exists.

I mean two LDAP servers which accept writing.  In front of them you have a
load balancing mechanism (LVS or Alteon for example) which dispatches all
LDAP operations (reading and writing) on the two LDAP servers. All the
access of this cluster are done via the load balancer.