Re: Re[4]: openldap-server-2.2.29: multimaster support

--On Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:35 PM +0100 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

> One user can present in one of offices.
> Users don't have duplicates! ;)

I think that is the point I was making? :)

What if the network is down for two days, and the first day one at one site needs to change the password, because it's expiring, and the following day his password expires so at the other site it gets locked and other policy-related attrs are set by the administrator; guess what happens when the network comes back: will he ever be able to logon?

The question here seems to be whether or not you can use dual syncrepl'd masters as opposed to multi-master. multi-master isn't likely to solve this problem well either.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer