Re: Configuration help

V pet, 10.12.2004 ob 20:13 je Kurt D. Zeilenga napisal(a):
> At 06:33 AM 12/10/2004, Sasa Stupar wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >I am new to LDAP. I have read all the info on the net about setting and
> >configuring it up and the server is up and running but I can't connect
> >to it as admin user.
>
> Have you read the OpenLDAP Admin Guide?  Are you following it?
> In particular, did you try following the Quick Start Guide?

Yes, I have followed Quick Start Guide.

> >Here is what I get from the command
> >#ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts:
> >-------------
> ># extended LDIF
> >#
> ># LDAPv3
> ># base <> with scope base
> ># filter: (objectclass=*)
> ># requesting: namingContexts
> >#
> >
> >#
> >dn:
> >namingContexts: dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net
> >
> ># search result
> >search: 2
> >result: 0 Success
> >
> ># numResponses: 2
> ># numEntries: 1
> >--------------
> >
> >I want to use LDAP as address book but when I try to connect as admin I
> >get error 34 - wrong dn but I put it as it should be. To connect I use
> >LDAP Browser.
>
> How to use LDAP Browsers is a topic for another list
> (one specific to the browser you are using).
>
> I suggest you first learn how to use OpenLDAP-provided LDAP
> clients, such as ldapsearch(1).  Then you should be able
> to easily translate your gained knowledge to non-OpenLDAP
> clients, such as whatever LDAP Browser you intend to use,
> on your own (or with the assistance of those supporting
> that software).

Well, I have post the output of the command ldapsearch. The reason I use
LDAP Browser is to administer LDAP remotly.

I am running OpenLDAP on FC3 which comes with the distribution.

When following Quick Start Guide I get at the step to add initial
entries in my database. From the command to add entries from the ldif
file I get:
#ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net" -W -f file.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
ldapadd: no attributes to change or add
(entry="dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net     objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization     o: MIG29     dc: xmail")

my /etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
--------
# See slapd.conf(5) for details on configuration options.
# This file should NOT be world readable.
#
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema

# Allow LDAPv2 client connections.  This is NOT the default.
allow bind_v2

# Do not enable referrals until AFTER you have a working directory
# service AND an understanding of referrals.
#referral       ldap://root.openldap.org

pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args

# Load dynamic backend modules:
# modulepath    /usr/sbin/openldap
# moduleload    back_bdb.la
# moduleload    back_ldap.la
# moduleload    back_ldbm.la
# moduleload    back_passwd.la
# moduleload    back_shell.la

# The next three lines allow use of TLS for encrypting connections using
# dummy test certificate which you can generate by changing to
# /usr/share/ssl/certs, running "make slapd.pem", and fixing permissions
on
# slapd.pem so that the ldap user or group can read it.  Your client
software
# may balk at self-signed certificates, however.
# TLSCACertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
# TLSCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem
# TLSCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.pem

# Sample security restrictions
#       Require integrity protection (prevent hijacking)
#       Require 112-bit (3DES or better) encryption for updates
#       Require 63-bit encryption for simple bind
# security ssf=1 update_ssf=112 simple_bind=64

# Sample access control policy:
#       Root DSE: allow anyone to read it
#       Subschema (sub)entry DSE: allow anyone to read it
#       Other DSEs:
#               Allow self write access
#               Allow authenticated users read access
#               Allow anonymous users to authenticate
#       Directives needed to implement policy:
# access to dn.base="" by * read
# access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read
# access to *
#       by self write
#       by users read
#       by anonymous auth
#
# if no access controls are present, the default policy
# allows anyone and everyone to read anything but restricts
# updates to rootdn.  (e.g., "access to * by * read")
#
# rootdn can always read and write EVERYTHING!

# ldbm and/or bdb database definitions

database        bdb
suffix          "dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoided.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw          mypassword
# rootpw                {crypt}ijFYNcSNctBYg

# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd and slap tools.
# Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /var/lib/ldap

# Indices to maintain for this database
index objectClass                       eq,pres
index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
index uidNumber,gidNumber,loginShell    eq,pres
index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
index nisMapName,nisMapEntry            eq,pres,sub

# Replicas of this database
#replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog
#replica host=ldap-1.example.com:389 starttls=critical
#     bindmethod=sasl saslmech=GSSAPI
#     authcId=host/ldap-master.example.com@EXAMPLE.COM
---------------

my /etc/openldap/ldap.conf:
-------------
#
# LDAP Defaults
#

# See ldap.conf(5) for details
# This file should be world readable but not world writable.

#BASE   dc=example, dc=com
#URI    ldap://ldap.example.com ldap://ldap-master.example.com:666

#SIZELIMIT      12
#TIMELIMIT      15
#DEREF          never
HOST 127.0.0.1
BASE dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net
---------------

and my /etc/ldap.conf
---------------
# @(#)$Id: ldap.conf,v 1.28 2003/05/29 13:01:04 lukeh Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for the LDAP nameservice
# switch library and the LDAP PAM module.
#
# PADL Software
# http://www.padl.com
#

# Your LDAP server. Must be resolvable without using LDAP.
# Multiple hosts may be specified, each separated by a
# space. How long nss_ldap takes to failover depends on
# whether your LDAP client library supports configurable
# network or connect timeouts (see bind_timelimit).
host mig29

# The distinguished name of the search base.
base dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=com

# Another way to specify your LDAP server is to provide an
# uri with the server name. This allows to use
# Unix Domain Sockets to connect to a local LDAP Server.
#uri ldap://127.0.0.1/
#uri ldaps://127.0.0.1/
#uri ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fldapi_sock/
# Note: %2f encodes the '/' used as directory separator

# The LDAP version to use (defaults to 3
# if supported by client library)
#ldap_version 3

# The distinguished name to bind to the server with.
# Optional: default is to bind anonymously.
#binddn cn=proxyuser,dc=example,dc=com

# The credentials to bind with.
# Optional: default is no credential.
#bindpw secret

# The distinguished name to bind to the server with
# if the effective user ID is root. Password is
# stored in /etc/ldap.secret (mode 600)
rootbinddn cn=manager,dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net

# The port.
# Optional: default is 389.
#port 389

# The search scope.
#scope sub
#scope one
scope base

# Search timelimit
timelimit 30

# Bind timelimit
#bind_timelimit 30

# Idle timelimit; client will close connections
# (nss_ldap only) if the server has not been contacted
# for the number of seconds specified below.
idle_timelimit 3600

# Filter to AND with uid=%s
#pam_filter objectclass=account

# The user ID attribute (defaults to uid)
#pam_login_attribute uid

# Search the root DSE for the password policy (works
# with Netscape Directory Server)
#pam_lookup_policy yes

# Check the 'host' attribute for access control
# Default is no; if set to yes, and user has no
# value for the host attribute, and pam_ldap is
# configured for account management (authorization)
# then the user will not be allowed to login.
#pam_check_host_attr yes

# Check the 'authorizedService' attribute for access
# control
# Default is no; if set to yes, and the user has no
# value for the authorizedService attribute, and
# pam_ldap is configured for account management
# (authorization) then the user will not be allowed
# to login.
#pam_check_service_attr yes

# Group to enforce membership of
#pam_groupdn cn=PAM,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com

# Group member attribute
#pam_member_attribute uniquemember

# Specify a minium or maximum UID number allowed
#pam_min_uid 0
#pam_max_uid 0

# Template login attribute, default template user
# (can be overriden by value of former attribute
# in user's entry)
#pam_login_attribute userPrincipalName
#pam_template_login_attribute uid
#pam_template_login nobody

# HEADS UP: the pam_crypt, pam_nds_passwd,
# and pam_ad_passwd options are no
# longer supported.

# Do not hash the password at all; presume
# the directory server will do it, if
# necessary. This is the default.
#pam_password clear

# Hash password locally; required for University of
# Michigan LDAP server, and works with Netscape
# Directory Server if you're using the UNIX-Crypt
# hash mechanism and not using the NT Synchronization
# service.
#pam_password crypt

# Remove old password first, then update in
# cleartext. Necessary for use with Novell
# Directory Services (NDS)
#pam_password nds

# Update Active Directory password, by
# creating Unicode password and updating
# unicodePwd attribute.
#pam_password ad

# Use the OpenLDAP password change
# extended operation to update the password.
#pam_password exop

# Redirect users to a URL or somesuch on password
# changes.
#pam_password_prohibit_message Please visit http://internal to change
your password.

# RFC2307bis naming contexts
# Syntax:
# nss_base_XXX          base?scope?filter
# where scope is {base,one,sub}
# and filter is a filter to be &'d with the
# default filter.
# You can omit the suffix eg:
# nss_base_passwd       ou=People,
# to append the default base DN but this
# may incur a small performance impact.
#nss_base_passwd        ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_shadow        ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_group         ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_hosts         ou=Hosts,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_services      ou=Services,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_networks      ou=Networks,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_protocols     ou=Protocols,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_rpc           ou=Rpc,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_ethers        ou=Ethers,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_netmasks      ou=Networks,dc=example,dc=com?ne
#nss_base_bootparams    ou=Ethers,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_aliases       ou=Aliases,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_netgroup      ou=Netgroup,dc=example,dc=com?one

# attribute/objectclass mapping
# Syntax:
#nss_map_attribute      rfc2307attribute        mapped_attribute
#nss_map_objectclass    rfc2307objectclass      mapped_objectclass

# configure --enable-nds is no longer supported.
# For NDS now do:
#nss_map_attribute uniqueMember member

# configure --enable-mssfu-schema is no longer supported.
# For MSSFU now do:
#nss_map_objectclass posixAccount User
#nss_map_attribute uid msSFUName
#nss_map_attribute uniqueMember posixMember
#nss_map_attribute userPassword msSFUPassword
#nss_map_attribute homeDirectory msSFUHomeDirectory
#nss_map_objectclass posixGroup Group
#pam_login_attribute msSFUName
#pam_filter objectclass=User
#pam_password ad

# configure --enable-authpassword is no longer supported
# For authPassword support, now do:
#nss_map_attribute userPassword authPassword
#pam_password nds

# For IBM SecureWay support, do:
#nss_map_objectclass posixAccount aixAccount
#nss_map_attribute uid userName
#nss_map_attribute gidNumber gid
#nss_map_attribute uidNumber uid
#nss_map_attribute userPassword passwordChar
#nss_map_objectclass posixGroup aixAccessGroup
#nss_map_attribute cn groupName
#nss_map_attribute uniqueMember member
#pam_login_attribute userName
#pam_filter objectclass=aixAccount
#pam_password clear

# Netscape SDK LDAPS
#ssl on

# Netscape SDK SSL options
#sslpath /etc/ssl/certs/cert7.db

# OpenLDAP SSL mechanism
# start_tls mechanism uses the normal LDAP port, LDAPS typically 636
#ssl start_tls
#ssl on

# OpenLDAP SSL options
# Require and verify server certificate (yes/no)
# Default is "no"
#tls_checkpeer yes

# CA certificates for server certificate verification
# At least one of these are required if tls_checkpeer is "yes"
#tls_cacertfile /etc/ssl/ca.cert
#tls_cacertdir /etc/ssl/certs

# Seed the PRNG if /dev/urandom is not provided
#tls_randfile /var/run/egd-pool

# SSL cipher suite
# See man ciphers for syntax
#tls_ciphers TLSv1

# Client certificate and key
# Use these, if your server requires client authentication.
#tls_cert
#tls_key
ssl no
pam_password md5
----------------

my file.ldif (for inport initial data):
---
dn: dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: MIG29
dc: xmail

dn: cn=Manager,dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

What am I doing wrong here?

Sasa