Re: smbk5pwd under 2.2.19?

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

Should it be possible to build the smbk5pwd plugin from HEAD inside a 2.2.19
tree?

It would appear that it compiles, but results in -
README
smbk5pwd.c
smbk5pwd.la
smbk5pwd.lo
smbk5pwd.o
- while adding "moduleload smbk5pwd" seems to require a valid so (ELF library) -

Look in the .libs subdirectory that libtool creates. I suppose I should have added an "install" target to invoke "libtool --install" but I really had no idea where would be a good destination directory to install to in general. As such, you have to install it by hand or work out your own install rule. In Connexitor we install modules in /opt/symas/lib/openldap but when you're building the source on your own your install tree will probably look nothing like ours.

How libtool creates shared objects is pretty well defined so I didn't see a need to explicitly document that. Generally, when using stuff in contrib, you're on your own and you should already understand the rest of the software and tools. Of course, if you're using any module authored by Symas in one of our pre-built packages, you get full support.

Dec 10 14:08:48 estate2 slapd[11497]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.19 (Dec  8 2004
01:22:50) $   root@estate2:/tmp/openldap-2.2.19/servers/slapd
Dec 10 14:08:48 estate2 slapd[11497]: bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software:
Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (October  5, 2004)
Dec 10 14:08:48 estate2 slapd[11497]: lt_dlopenext failed: (smbk5pwd.la)
/usr/lib/openldap/modules/smbk5pwd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Dec 10 14:08:48 estate2 slapd[11497]: /etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 14: failed
to load or initialize module smbk5pwd.la

- which [ obviously ] the .la file is not.  Although the examples at -

http://www.symas.com/techtips/introtooverlays.html

- specify to load modules as "moduleload back_monitor.la" ????

--
 -- Howard Chu