Configuration help

Hi!

I am new to LDAP. I have read all the info on the net about setting and
configuring it up and the server is up and running but I can't connect
to it as admin user. Here is what I get from the command
#ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts:
-------------
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope base
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: namingContexts
#

#
dn:
namingContexts: dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

I want to use LDAP as address book but when I try to connect as admin I
get error 34 - wrong dn but I put it as it should be. To connect I use
LDAP Browser.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Sasa