Re: slapadd and attribute value length limit

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
I'd also recommend adding:

#set_flags DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

to be uncommented while loading.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Out of curiosity, how large is your DB? I've not hit a locker issue on my 350k entry DB.

I think Howard explained the distinction in his reply, but only about 5K entries fully loaded. The resulting gospdescription.bdb is ~82Mb, and string searches are very fast in all languages. I have another DB behind the same server at about 250K entries, which has enough indexed interrelationships to keep slapadd busy for many hours. It has never seen a lock issue, either.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com