Re: slapadd and attribute value length limit

--On Wednesday, December 08, 2004 2:02 PM -0600 Jon Roberts <jon@jonanddeb.net> wrote:

I think Howard explained the distinction in his reply, but only about 5K
entries fully loaded. The resulting gospdescription.bdb is ~82Mb, and
string searches are very fast in all languages. I have another DB behind
the same server at about 250K entries, which has enough indexed
interrelationships to keep slapadd busy for many hours. It has never seen
a lock issue, either.

Yeah, I wrote too soon. ;) We don't have particularly long substring indexed attributes. Something for me to keep in mind though in case we ever do.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer