Re: slapadd and attribute value length limit

--On Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:51 AM -0600 Jon Roberts <jon@jonanddeb.net> wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:
Judging from the error message you
received, since the BDB library ran out of memory you may be able to
resolve this by increasing your BDB cache size. Also you may get some
more explicit information from BDB if you enable debugging (-d1) while
running slapadd.

I tried this. Cache size wasn't the problem. The gotcha:

bdb(o=mentata.com): Lock table is out of available locks

So now with DB_CONFIG:

set_lg_dir      /var/log/openldap
set_lg_max      104857600
set_lg_bsize    26214400
set_lk_max_locks 2000
set_lk_max_lockers 2000
set_lk_max_objects 2000
# set_cachesize 0 20971520 1
set_cachesize 0 419430400 1
set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC

Now the load completes fine in under an hour. Much better than loading
just the english with slapadd and then using ldapmodify LDIFs for each
additional language (hours plural).

I know Quanah might add that I should now recomment:

# set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC

Already done, along with the cache switch. Would I need this many
locks/lockers in a runtime scenario, or should I comment out those as
well?

I love when people speak for me! :P I'd also recommend adding:

#set_flags DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

to be uncommented while loading.

Out of curiosity, how large is your DB? I've not hit a locker issue on my 350k entry DB.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer