Re: LDAPI documentation (was Re: Graphical LDAP clients with SASL support)

--On Monday, March 08, 2004 9:31 AM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
 > ldapi://%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Fvar%2Fslapd%2Fldapi/????x-mod=0777"'
 > [..]
 > It works with just about everything for 2.1.x and 2.2.x - apart from
 > pam_ldap/nss_ldap, and of course the clients for which it doesn't, like
 > GQ and directory_administrator.

Can't resist to note that web2ldap has support for ldapi:// for quite a
while (arbitrary LDAP URLs can e.g. be passed as query string).

web2ldap does not support SASL bind requests yet (although python-ldap
supports it) since there was no demand of users for it and no personal
requirement up to now. How many of you folks really need SASL binds?
I thought about how to implement SASL binds for quite a while. But up to
now I didn't have an idea for a nice user interface for choosing the SASL
mechs and passing the right credentials.

We only allow SASL binds to our servers. So I've not really played with any of the GUI interfaces since none of them would work for me. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html