Re: Graphical LDAP clients with SASL support

søn, 07.03.2004 kl. 02.33 skrev David Smith:

> >All of what you quoted, whilst not being *utter* crap, is still crap in
> >a subordinate connotation.
> >
> >None of it supports ldapi (Unix domain sockets on localhost), which is
> >the ultimate in sniffer safety. Plus giving you turbo-charged
> >connectivity.
> >

> Tonni,
>
> What exactly about phpLDAPadmin makes it "utter crap" as you have termed
> it? I feel this is on-topic, by the way, as a discussion of
> OpenLDAP-compatible clients is definitely in scope for an  OpenLDAP list.

phpLDAPadmin isn't utter crap. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.
Moreover, as Dieter points out, PHP - at least PHP 4 - does in fact
support ldapi, which invalidates much of what I wrote. Use of ldapi on
localhost ensures that no password can be sniffed, and gives a real
performance boost.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl